Tuesday, August 17, 2010

New York...Concrete Jungle Where Dreams are Made of...There's Nothing You Can't Do!!



When Quin got home from California he got a call, not even two hours after he landed, that he had to leave for New York the next day to film. I was pretty bummed cause I hadn’t seen him for a whole week and then he was going to leave again! And plus it was our one year anniversary that week! Anyways we were able to work some things out and I was able to go with him! It was my first time to New York so I was pretty excited! We left on Tuesday night and took the red eye to New York. We ended up getting to our hotel on Wednesday morning. We were beat but we had to get out and enjoy the city anyway! We just walked around for an hour or so and when we were finally able to check into our room we took a nap for about an hour. Then I went with Quin to go film some of the city. That night we headed up to Harlem so Quin could film this thing at a basketball store called House of Hoops. It was so crazy! We were like the only white people in the whole store! It was weird being the minority. haha Dwayne Wade and Chris Paul were there doing an interview. Everyone was FREAKING out! It was pretty ridiculous. When they left the store the kids were chasing them to their car! Anyways that was that. 
The next day it was kind of rainy so Quin and I decided to go to the MOMA (Museum of Modern Art). That was pretty neat. I won’t waste your time explaining every single day but we did lots of stuff. We went to SOHO and shopped, ate at this rice pudding place called “Rice to Riches”, ate dinner at the most delicious place “Max Brenner”. It’s a chocolate place so you know I loved it! They had the best chocolate  milk ever and the best dessert!








The "Alice" cup with the most amazing chocolate milk in it!!


The best dessert!! mmmm...

Starry Night

At the MOMA


Friday was pretty awesome! Quin and to go film up in Harlem again so I went with him. He had to film The Breakfast Club which is a program Michael Jordan started to help kids with basketball. So there were a bunch of kids playing basketball and doing a bunch of skills. (I sat in the bleachers watching...I was the ONLY white person in those stands. I was shoulder to shoulder with a bunch of black kids. I felt pretty cool. I wish I would have gotten a picture. Dang.) Anyways while the kids were doing drills Dwayne Wade, Chris Paul, and Carmelo Anthony came out and played with them. The kids LOVED it! Then like 10 minutes later MICHAEL JORDAN showed up! That’s when I started freaking out! It was awesome! I am pissed though cause I left my camera at the hotel on accident:( So I only got crappy picture on my phone. I was so bummed. 
Anyways some more things we did....rode the subway a lot, went to the Top of the Rock (Rockefeller Center), saw a bunch of stuff, Little Italy, Chinatown (which by the way is so nasty. I don’t recommend anyone going there.) went to Ground Zero, Wall Street, Staten Island, ate a delicious gourmet hot dog, saw the Statue of Liberty, Central Park, the temple, ate at an amazing mexican restaurant to celebrate our one year anniversary, and of course we hung out in Times Square a lot. Our hotel was like 3 blocks away from the center of it. 


Central Park




Top of the Rock




Little Italy


Ground Zero




Wall Street




Statue of Liberty

On the ferry to Staten Island

Central Park


Being Silly












copying the statue...the cop didn't do the greatest job with taking the picture. Oh well. 


So that was our New York trip! We had so much fun! I can’t believe Quin and I have already been married for a year! So crazy how fast time flies by! I loved every single moment of this past year and I am looking forward to another great year and then another and another and another! FOREVER! Being married to your best friend is great!!!


Family Reunion



These past two weeks have been a blast! While Quin was in California filming for a week I went to my family reunion up in Idaho. We camped at Walcott Lake and had so much fun! We went up to Twin Falls and saw the “Twin Falls” and swam in this little lake up there. We also canoed and went on the paddle boat. Here are a few pictures!




Walcott Lake


Porter being super serious about golfball horseshoes


Boys




Snake River


My mom was freaking out cause I was "too close to the edge" ha




My cute parents


Twin Falls


siblings!


Family! minus Quin


With Colby on the paddleboat. His lifejacket was way too big for him




4 comments:

C&N Sherman said...

Looks so fun Heid! Congrats on making it a year! Did you guys go to Philly too? Just wonderin, I know we have that same pic with the LOVE statue, but maybe there's one in NY too?

Heidi and Quin said...

Thanks! No we didn't go to Philly. We saw two of the Love statue's in New York. They must just have them everywhere.

Casey and Nichole said...

I love New York! Looks like you had so much fun. I can't believe you got to be that close to Michael Jordan!! Happy Anniversary :)

Matt and Kathryn said...

Heidi, You are a very cute little wife, and New York looks so fun! I want to go so bad! I've never been! I think you and your blog are adorable! :)